Stumbled in the Admiral Benbow at last orders whist away in Cornwall last week. Best pub I’ve been in for a very long time and heres why:
1. Its got a massive pub dog laid by the fire who looks scary but he only want his belly rubbed
2. The barman told me the decorations in the pub are genuine maritime artifacts that have been salvaged from various shipwrecked vessels along the Cornish coast over the past 400 years, wow!
3. Its got lots of cosy nooks and booths to escape into.
4. A tunnel was discovered from the docks to the pub which smugglers used.
5. It has a free 7 inch vinyl juke box filled with 60s’ and 70s gems.
6. The barman didn’t bother calling time, just casually drew the curtains and assumed we were staying for a lock-in until the wee hours.
7. The cheapest drinks I’ve bought in years.
Pics and info via